4.29.2010

In the Beginning...

On Christmas 2008, my loving husband gave me my first SLR camera.  I had wanted a real camera for years, but would never spend that kind of money on myself.  He, on the other hand, did want to spend that much on me.  I am very very grateful, because it opened up avenues of photography that I never knew existed.  I had always liked taking pictures, but this involved knowledge and skill that I had none of. 
These pictures were taken the first night I got the camera.  These are all street lights on the way from my parents house to my house.  Although I didn't know it at the time, I had discovered shutter speed.  I had no idea what words like "aperture," "f-stop," and "shutter speed" meant.  I just thought it was awesome that I could make all sorts of cool designs.  I had no idea why it took longer to make the picture when it was dark outside.  Since then it's been a journey of self-education and trial and error.  I still have a loooooooooong way to go, but at least I know why the pictures look like this. Heck, I can even do it on purpose any time I want to!


To see more of Christine's lifestyle portraits and fine art photography click here!




No comments:

Post a Comment