4.30.2010

New Growth

This is my first year landscaping and growing a garden of my own.  My mom always loved "playing in the dirt" when I was growing up.  I helped pick weeds for a few dollars an hour, but it's different when it's your own.  I, for one, can even kill cacti.  My husband, on the other hand, is very good with plants and landscaping.  So, I get to pretend that I had something to do with it.  I did actually plant the gladioli bulbs that are coming up in this picture.  I look at this little flower bed every day and hope for new growth. The Dahlias are now starting to come up.  We also planted two types of bulbs in the middle but I'm not so sure they are gonna make it.  Watching something grow and become beautiful is very refreshing. 

I took this picture because I was playing with that 50mm 1.8 lens I recently purchased. I particularly like this one because the point of focus is perfectly on the smaller of the two plants.  There's a little circle of focus and everything else is blurred. Plus I love the green.

Spring is slowly becoming my favorite season.  Summer was my favorite when I growing up, of course, because I didn't have school.  Now that I don't get Summer break, I realized it's really too hot and uncomfortable.  Spring is the perfect temperature.  You get to come out of hibernation, go walking, grill out, and plant flowers.  Windows down in the car.  The smell of freshly cut grass.  As long as I remember to take my Zyrtec, I start feeling good again.  As the plants start growing and the animals come out again, I do the same.  I spend more time outside.  I feel better about myself and about life.   Contentment.


To see more of Christine's lifestyle portraits and fine art photography click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment