5.02.2010

Bonfire

Ok, so maybe these pictures are of burning a brush/trash pile that was not so much intended as a bonfire.  That's ok though. It served the same purpose. 

These picture were taken on a beautiful night when winter was trying to become spring.  It was done out of necessity in order to clean up the limbs and trash that collected in the fields.  It was really big though and I have always been fascinated with fire.  My husband, two of his cousins, and I stood out in the field and watched the fire for about an hour.  We sat on the tailgate of the truck and listened to classic country. I felt like such a good little redneck. I was even wearing my Justin Boots hat.  I, for one, am a Rock n Roll kinda girl, but sometimes the setting is just right for classic country.

There are such good memories tied to bonfires.  Going to camp when I was younger.  In high school my friends and I used to go camping all the time.  Once, my friends managed to hook a TV up to the truck and we watched Children of the Corn in the woods at night.  Since I have a phobia-like fear of horror movies, I'll probably never forgive them for that one.  Luckily, it was more corny than scary.  What was I supposed to do? Wander off in the woods by myself? I don't think so. 

I've always liked the effect of taking no-flash night shots.  It makes colors stand out really well.  The tones of different types of light come out clearly.  Things you can't see with the naked eye.









To see more of Christine's lifestyle portraits and fine art photography click here!




No comments:

Post a Comment