5.12.2010

Strawberry Fields Forever

10 boxes and several hours later...we have enough topped, frozen strawberries to last us the year.  This is one of the many things I love about living in the country.  My father-in-law bought 10 whole boxes from a nearby farm for us.  He says he buys them for me, but strawberries are his favorite.  I know they are for him.  It's still a nice thought.  Tonight we celebrated his 49th birthday with grilled ribs, corn on the cob, and strawberry shortcakes.  For those who don't know, he is legally blind due to diabetes and on disability.  My husband and I moved out to the family farm in order to take care of him.  We're awful young to be taking care of a parent...before we've had our own kids.  It's a little backwards, but I don't know that we've ever done things the normal way. Some days it's hard, but in the end I know he appreciates us.  I even have a freezer full of strawberries to prove it.



To see more of Christine's lifestyle portraits and fine art photography click here!






No comments:

Post a Comment