12.03.2010

What is "Lifestyle" Photography?

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, a lifestyle is “A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group.”  Lifestyle photography is a style of photography that captures that: you’re personality, your relationships, that genuine smile and that look that you always give your kids. They are the pictures where you can almost hear the child giggling and cackling. This is a photojournalist approach to portraits that moves away from stilted, awkward poses. My photography is not traditional or overly-posed. I want to capture personality and catch the moments as they happen. The last thing I want to do is to tell you what to do and where to sit. I’d much rather you pretend I’m not there and let me tell the visual story of who you are as a person or as a family. Let me know if you have any hobbies or items you would like to incorporate into the photos. Keep an open mind and get creative. I'm always looking for new ideas! Relax. Let your kids play! Have fun. Be yourself. Trust me, the pictures will follow.






To see more of Christine's lifestyle portraits and fine art photography click here!



No comments:

Post a Comment