4.30.2011

Alex + Katelyn; Playing at Red Clay State Park

A week or so ago, I met up with Blake, Karen, Alex, and Katelyn Smith at Red Clay State Park.  I forgot how beautiful the park was! I haven't been there since I was a child (although Blake swears we used to hang out with all our friends there in high school).  Blake and I went to high school together and have been friends for years.  He's the one who made the awesome sign for my photo booth shown here.

Alex is 3 years old and a bundle of energy!  He has the best imagination and loves to pretend.  Miss Katelyn Claire is 9 months old and she's so laid back and perfectly content to watch her brother play.  They couldn't be mroe different!  I think you'll truly be able to see their personalities in these pics. 

Here are some of my favorites:
The sweet Miss Katelyn Claire.


I think this is the stillest Alex was the whole time we were there! It only lasted a split second though:)



Alex has so much personality and so many expressions. He was cracking me up!




Karen and Blake really wanted a picture of Katelyn sitting in the grass. One big problem - she HATES the grass! We managed to catch a smile in the first .2 seconds after she sat down.  That's definitely the only one we got!

We did manage to get Alex to stay still long enough to catch  a picture of  them together! They are such cuties.



Blake set up this little area to take pictures.  I love the colorful umbrella with the bright backlit sun.



Alex looks SOOOO much like Blake.  If you knew Blake, you'd know that their personalities are quite similar as well...

These next pictures feel like they should be in a child's storybook to me.  I can see Alex wondering what adventures might lie down the creek.

 After a few tests to make sure the tub was water tight, Katelyn was able to join the fun in the middle of the creek.  Luckily, it was very shallow so the tub didn't go anywhere once she was in it.

Why, yes, I did get to play in the creek too! I wouldn't want them to have all of the fun:)  This creek was absolutely picturesque. I love all the greenery and how it winds into the woods. I'll definitely come back here again!
For more of Christine's lifestyle portraits and fine art, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Just awesome, my friend. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, beautiful! and little Alex is suuuuch a Blake mini-me. Those looks! it's pretty crazy. Gorgeous kids, Blake & Karen! Love the fairy-tale vibe with these too. - Erica Roberson

    ReplyDelete