10.18.2011

Serenaded Smashcake and Sock Monkies: Gabe Turns 1!

Say that ten times fast!

I met up with the Hughes family for a couple family portraits and Gabe's 1 year old pics.  It just so happens that there was also a wedding going on in Heritage Park and we got started just in time for the after party.  It was pretty funny to hear the music blaring in the middle of the park with everything formal wedding attire, to runners, to kids playing on the playground.  I'll throw in a few lyrics here and there just so you get the full experience:)

The Hughes clan! I really like the in between shots the best.

All the Hughes kids have sock monkey hats.  So cute!

 



"One hop this time, right foot let’s stomp"
I had a chicken dance Elmo in the car with me, so we brought it out to get Gabe to laugh.  Can you tell he really liked the chicken dance?


I say this is Gabe's Chippendale pose:)  He refused to keep the hat on, and he looked awesome with just the tie on!
"Everybody clap your hands..."

As I said, he refused to keep that hat on!

Love this one!

Did I mention the long underwear even had a butt flap? These kids are gonna grow up to hate me for taking these pics!



So, I've done two photo shoots with Gabe (6 months and 1 year), both had absolute stud poses.  This is a ladies' man in training, people!

"Like a G6, Like a G6...."


Let the smashcake begin! No explanation necessary.



I like to call this video "The Grunt."  He kept doing this! It was cracking me up.  Also serves a proof for our awesome background music:) Thanks to Hannah for some behind the scenes action!


Some of the best pics of Gabe really digging in.

Another behind-the-scenes shot from Hannah.  No wonder I'm worn out after photo shoots!


Meaganne had to get in on the action, too:)



"I don't wanna close my eyes. I don't wanna fall asleep, 'Cause I'd miss you babe..."

Can you see the icing in his eyelashes?

And...I'm done.

For more of Christine's lifestyle portraits and fine art prints, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Beckie (Hughes) YablonskiOctober 18, 2011 at 7:17 PM

    These are such great shots! Beautifiul kids!!! Thanks for sharing..


    Beckie (Hughes) Yablonski

    ReplyDelete